Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Wednesday Musings

Facebook is still very political, so I search for funny things to post and don't take sides very often. It seems if I make a point, my sister gives me an argument. I have noticed others can say what they want, but not me. So I try to mind my manners and not get caught up in the political squables. I was hungry for biscuits this morning, so I made some. I don't have a flour bowl as some of the old timey southern women do. I used a biscuit mix today. I even used sweet milk since I was out of buttermilk. I really couldn't taste any difference. They were good. I just put the mix into a bown and poured what I thought was enough milk. There is not too much of a mess on the counter either. I have rolled them out between two sheets of waxed paper, but haven't had to do that in a while. I must say they hit the spot, and were actually quite good. I also made pumpkin muffins this morning. They were good as well. Since being in Myrtle Beach, I have read the Bible through once again, and have started through another time. What helps, I found Alexander Scourby on You Tube, who reads the Bible one book at a time. I have listened to him while making masks and lately making aprons. So far, I have made an apron for my grandson and my son to be given at Christmas time. Then I maded 3 for my younger daughter in WV, a granddaughter in WV, and a granddaughter here in Myrtle Beach. Those 5 aprons were in kits that my daughter Anita purchased. They were very nice, and had reversible patterns. That made them heavier. I also cut an apron from a pattern I had. I had some cute material of pictures of flip-flops. My grandson's wife came over and offered to buy it. haha I told her I wasn't selling any as I was getting ready for Christmas So guess what she is getting from me? I have enjoyed my days here. I grieve, but it is not debilitating. Thank the Lord for that. I am calling it a day. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment